the law offices of myla g. mayberry p.c.

(903) 758-6800

(903) 758-6800

the law offices of myla g. mayberry p.c.

Here For You During Your Time Of Need

Helping You And Your Children Move On

One of the hardest parts of a divorce or a separation between unmarried parents is determining child custody arrangements. It is difficult to come to terms with the fact that you may not be able to spend as much time with your children as you would like. In any child custody dispute, it is very important that you hire an experienced and caring family lawyer. I am attorney Myla G. Mayberry, and I am ready to help.

As we discuss your case at The Law Offices of Myla G. Mayberry P.C., in Longview, I will advise you about what you can expect and work hard to help you through the legal process. For more than 30 years, I have helped parents in child custody disputes. I represent parents in my law firm throughout Tyler, Marshall, Longview and East Texas.

Courts Want To Protect Each Parent’s Rights To Remain In Their Child’s Lives

In any child custody matter, judges will look to the best interests of the child when making a decision. Judges will also presume, at least initially, that each parent is fit to be a “joint managing conservator.” This means that each parent will be presumed to have equal rights to participate in the lives of their children. Of course, if one parent is shown to abuse drugs, is in prison or otherwise shown to be unfit, courts may designate one parent as the sole managing conservator of the children.

Even if parents are joint managing conservators, courts will still need to make determinations as to which parent has custody of the children the majority of the time, and which parent has visitation. This is often the point where custody disputes become quite heated. I will work hard, through either negotiations or litigation, to help you arrive at an arrangement that meets your goals, but most of all, that protects your child’s best interests.

Working With Parents In Custody Modification Cases

Another serious problem is when the parent with primary custody of the children wants to move away. In many cases, the parent with visitation rights will strongly oppose a move. Whatever your position, I am ready to help you protect your rights.

A Compassionate Family Lawyer By Your Side

Your family needs personalized solutions and caring legal advice to address your concerns. Call my office in Longview at (903) 758-6800. You can also fill out this online form to have me contact you. We offer discounts to members of the U.S. armed forces going through a divorce. Credit cards are accepted.